Tag: 上海的夜生活描述

Indiana Crops Continue Improvment

Indiana Crops Continue Improvment

first_imgHome Indiana Agriculture News Indiana Crops Continue Improvment Indiana Crops Continue Improvment Previous articleNCGA’s Woodall Expects Farm Bill ExtensionNext articleUS Crop Condition Remains Solid Gary Truitt SHARE By Gary Truitt – Jul 8, 2013 Rain showers, across most of the state, kept wheatharvest to a minimum during the week, according to theIndiana Field Office of USDA’s National AgriculturalStatistics Service. Producers are worried thatexcessive moisture will soon begin to take its toll on thewinter wheat crop if they are not able to finish harvestsoon. Farmers are hoping for drier conditions to notonly finish wheat harvest but to also bale straw andplant double crop soybeans. Moderate temperaturesand ample soil moisture allowed the corn crop to makerapid growth with a few scattered fields beginning totassel.There were 2.8 days suitable for field work during theweek. Corn condition improved slightly and is rated81 percent good to excellent compared with 12 percentlast year at this time.Ninety-eight percent of the soybean acreage hasemerged compared with 100 percent last year and 97percent for the 5-year average. Nine percent of thesoybean acreage is blooming compared with 42percent last year and 20 percent for the 5-yearaverage. Soybean condition is rated 75 percent goodto excellent compared with 14 percent last year at thistime.Thirty-two percent of the winter wheat acreage hasbeen harvested compared with 98 percent last yearand 69 percent for the 5-year average. Winter wheatcondition is rated 76 percent good to excellent at thistime.LIVESTOCK, PASTURE AND RANGE REPORTLivestock remained in mostly good condition.Pasture condition improved and is rated 84 percentgood to excellent compared with only 2 percent lastyear at this time. The second cutting of alfalfa is 19percent complete compared with 93 percent last yearand 43 percent for the 5-year average. SHARE Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Man Jumps As Flames Engulf Red Bank Home

Man Jumps As Flames Engulf Red Bank Home

first_imgBy John Burton |RED BANK — Firefighters on Thursday afternoon battled a blaze that engulfed a West Side residence.Borough fire companies responded to a call that came in at approximately 3:09 p.m. reporting a fire at 16 Leonard St. That call indicated there was an individual trapped inside the structure, said Police Capt. Michael Clay.Clay said that as of 4 p.m., there was a report of one injury from a male in the home and trapped on the second floor. His injuries were not deemed life threatening and the victim was transported to an area hospital for observation, Clay said.Neighbor Jake Rademacher alerted his neighbor to the fire. Photo by Jay CookJake Rademacher, whose Bridge Avenue backyard abuts the Leonard Street property, said he was taking out the trash and smelled smoke. “And then I heard a big ‘whuump’ and saw the flames start shooting out of the building.”Rademacher said the flames quickly grew and spread through the two-story building with an attic. “And I then saw him in the second story window,” Rademacher said of the victim. “I told him to jump because you ain’t got a choice.”Fire Marshal Stanley Sickels, who was on the scene, said the fire moved quickly in the older home. “It was moving up through the walls into the attic,” he said, as firefighters continued on Thursday afternoon to quell the still visible flames that appeared to have destroyed the home.Sickels wouldn’t speculate at this time as to the fire’s origin or cause. “We’re still gathering statements, getting information for the ongoing investigation,” he said.Borough fire companies received support from Middletown’s River Plaza fire company and from Sea Bright and Fire Haven departments.According to borough tax records, the home is owned by William and Shirley Sharkey.last_img read more

Fair Haven Council Doesn’t Want Drive-Thrus

Fair Haven Council Doesn’t Want Drive-Thrus

first_imgCole said she believes the community is against the application namely for the “safety concerns it creates” near a troublesome driveway exit onto River Road in an area she said has already seen its share of motor vehicle accidents and collisions with bicyclists. “That corridor is interwoven into our community so you really have to be responsible with your land-use planning,” said Cole. “And what could become of it? This would be a mini-urban center. Three blocks of high-intensity traffic. Fast food is not the only form of retail. They’re just the most aggressive lease signers right now.” “The Fair Share housing plan is in the courts right now and we have our next hearing coming up in August. We can’t have something like the wording of an ordinance blow this plan up,” Lucarelli said. Cole also said the introduction of fast food establishments in that River Road corridor could alter the small town community and culture Fair Haven has developed because it could increase both motor vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Borough resident Tracy Cole has opposed the Dunkin’ proposal since its inception, hiring a land-use attorney to argue against the application at planning and zoning board meetings. For months, residents have flocked to the borough’s council, planning and zoning board meetings to oppose a proposed Dunkin’ franchise at the River Road shopping center, mostly citing traffic concerns. Lucarelli said the timeline for the examination of the ordinance could be six months to a year. But forming the advisory committee is the first step in a process that is already under way. Mayor Benjamin Lucarelli said he and the governing body will assign an advisory committee to make sure the introduced ordinance is not detrimental to the future of Fair Haven or harmful to the borough’s proposed Fair Share Center Housing plan. The proposed drive-thru ordinance would have no impact on the Dunkin’ application. But it would replace a prohibitive piece of legislation established in 1973 when the borough won a superior court challenge against McDonald’s. That ordinance was repealed and exchanged with a similar ordinance in 1998, but was removed from borough law during a 2002 recodification. FAIR HAVEN – As Fair Haven decides whether it will allow fast food restaurants in town, it is moving forward on creating a new ordinance that will specifically prohibit drive-thru restaurants. The proposed legislation restricts restaurants from including drive-thru features, like typical McDonald’s or KFC chains, or a drive-in environment like Sonic or Stewart’s. Walk-up windows are also prohibited, barring food trucks and many ice cream operations similar to Rita’s Italian Ice or Strollo’s Lighthouse. “Our plan calls for mixed-use developments in overlay zones because those are the most economically viable options,” said Lucarelli. “The plan has to pass the economic viability test. So if we outlaw all fast food uses, our overlay zones can be considered not economically viable.” To address that, Fair Haven is proposing the establishment of overlay zones over existing zoning to incentivize builders to create affordable housing. The zones would be located at United Methodist Church on McCarter Avenue, as well as in the borough’s commercial district on River Road from Smith Street to Locust Avenue, including residential properties near Navesink Avenue and Forman Street. New Jersey’s Fair Share Housing Center said the borough has an immediate need for one affordable housing unit and an unmet need of 370. Some residents believe this outlet at River Road will be dangerous for motorists, pedestrians and school children if the Dunkin’ application is approved. Photo by Chris Rotololast_img read more