Tag: 上海今日浪莎重新开业了吗

Colombian Justice Sentences FARC Leader and Negotiator to 40 years

Colombian Justice Sentences FARC Leader and Negotiator to 40 years

first_img Currently, delegates of the Colombian government and the FARC are holding dialogues over the political participation of the FARC after its eventual disarmament. This is the second of five points on the agenda previously arranged for the negotiation, which according to President Santos, should end the armed conflict with the FARC. The FARC is the oldest communist insurgency in Latin America; it has been confronting the Colombian state for 48 years, and presently has 8,000 combatants. By Dialogo June 27, 2013 The other communist guerrilla group operating in Colombia is the National Liberation Army (ELN) with 2,500 members, but they have not been involved in the peace negotiations so far. The judge found the defendants guilty of rebellion, terrorism and murder, due to an attack that the FARC perpetrated with explosives against a boat, where four people died and 30 others were injured on August 24, 2003. The sentence, which also convicted 22 other members of the communist FARC with the same penalty, was ruled by the 4th Criminal Court in Villavicencio, Meta department (center.) The parties have already dealt with the first topic on the agenda: comprehensive agrarian development, which, with the guerrillas’ political participation, illicit drugs, disarmament and victims’ reparations, make up the bulk of topics to be discussed. center_img In spite of this situation, the prosecution has temporarily suspended the arrest warrants against Márquez and other FARC members, so that they are able to travel to Havana, where the guerrillas have been holding peace talks with the government of President Juan Manuel Santos since November 2012. On this matter, Villariaga said that the new sentences against guerrilla leaders emphasize “the importance of justice in the (negotiation) agenda.” “It is about the FARC having a political forum, but there will be a level of justice (for the guerrillas to make politics),” the analyst stated. Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) leader Timoleón Jiménez, and Iván Márquez, one of the negotiators in the peace talks held between this insurgency and the Colombian government, were sentenced to 40 years in prison for an attack that left four dead and 30 injured in 2003, the prosecution told AFP on June 25. “That sentence has no bearing or influence over the peace talks,” said Álvaro Villarraga, director of the research center Democratic Culture Foundation and former member of the People’s Liberation Army’s demobilized guerrillas. The sentence was ruled in addition to others against commanders of the FARC by the Colombian justice, mainly under the charges of terrorism, murder and kidnapping. last_img read more

Panama’s boxing legend Duran hospitalized after being diagnosed with COVID

Panama’s boxing legend Duran hospitalized after being diagnosed with COVID

first_imgPanama City: Boxing legend Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, a six-time world champion, had to be admitted to a hospital after being diagnosed with a non-life-threatening condition on Thursday with the coronavirus, his children said. “Test results have just arrived for my dad, and they confirm he is positive for COVID-19,” the legendary fighter’s son Robin Duran said on Instagram. “Thank God for now he doesn’t have symptoms beyond a cold. He is not in intensive care nor on a respirator, just under observation,” he added. Duran took part in 119 fights between the ages of 16 and 50 — with 103 wins and 16 defeats. IANSAlso watch: Murder in Betjan Tea Estate; Chowkidaar found murderedlast_img

12BET to sponsor London-hosted Table Tennis Team 2018 World Cup

12BET to sponsor London-hosted Table Tennis Team 2018 World Cup

first_img StumbleUpon Rory AndersonAgreeing terms with Table Tennis England and the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), Isle of Man and Philippines online bookmaker 12BET has confirmed that it has agreed on terms to become the ‘Official Betting and Gaming Sponsor of the ITTF Team World Cup 2018.The ITTF Team World Cup 2018 table tennis tournament will be hosted at the Olympic Copper Box Arena in London from February 22-25 2018.Table Tennis England Head of Commercial Mark Taffler said: “We’re delighted to be working with a brand of the size of 12BET on the Team World Cup 2018.“The profile of table tennis globally was a key factor in 12BET coming on board, and they also wanted to work with us to help deliver a superb event in London which table tennis fans all over the world can enjoy.”12BET spokesman Rory Anderson commented on the sponsorpship: “Everyone at 12BET is delighted to be add the Team World Cup Table tennis tournament to our growing sponsorship portfolio.“We will have extensive branding at the event that will be picked up by an impressive number of global broadcasters. We are looking forward to seeing the best players in the world compete at the Copper Box Arena in February.”In 2017 12BET has an expanding portfolio of sports sponsorship, including recently becoming the first shirt sleeve sponsor of Premier League team West Bromwich Albion, and has also put its name to world-level snooker and badminton events.The 2018 Team World Cup will feature 12 of the world’s best table tennis teams in both men’s and women’s events, including continental champions as well as all the world and Olympic champions. 12Bet strengthens ITTF partnership February 27, 2019 12Bet backs UK Taekwondo development sponsoring Manchester World Championships February 12, 2019 12BET to sponsor YONEX All England Badminton Championships July 26, 2018 Submit Share Related Articles Sharelast_img read more

Ingles on playing for Australia: ”I love the NBA, I loved Europe, but nothing compares to wearing these colors”

Ingles on playing for Australia: ”I love the NBA, I loved Europe, but nothing compares to wearing these colors”

first_imgPlaced in the ‘Group of Death’, Joe Ingles and Australia will need to be at 100 percent from the starting gun in China. There is no room for error if they want to secure their first ever piece of silverware at a major worldwide event. They were oh-so-close just three summers ago at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, when they reached the Semi-Finals and looked like the team to beat. But they lost the next two games and finished fourth, leaving a bad taste in Ingles’ mouth. “Losing the (Third Place Game) sucked. But we’ve never been that close, in years. Now it’s about putting it all together,” the 31-year-old said entering another summer with the national team. “It’s going to be exciting. We’ll have a lot of support there, and hopefully we can be the first team to bring a medal back to Australia.”Ingles first played for Australia 11 years ago in Beijing, but USA were too strong for the Boomers in the Quarter-Finals. Australia saw an early exit at the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2010, and once again had the bad luck of running into USA in the Quarter-Finals at the 2012 London Olympics, again. Keeping the same kind of rhythm, they once again missed the Quarter-Finals at the FIBA Basketball World Cup in 2014, before reaching the aforementioned Semi-Finals in Rio.”With the team that we’ve got – that we will have – we’re going to be confident. We believe. Even the last couple of tournaments we’ve been to, we were right there,” Ingles reflected on the all the attempts that have so far come short of a top-three target. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/93/23/joe-ingles-fiba-australia_fnad9smf81wv17ayryphn31pq.jpg?t=-2043181756&w=500&quality=80 “For me and our team, when we play for our country, we take tremendous pride in that. We’re not representing one person, we are representing 23 million people or whatever we got in Australia right now. We know that everyone there is watching us, either at the game or at home, and you can feel it.”Australia will play against Canada, Senegal and Lithuania in Group H. It will be a huge surprise if all of the games in Dongguan don’t go down to the wire, but the Utah Jazz starter has no doubt about his confidence, no matter who is on the other side.”Competing for Australia is why I started playing the game. Growing up, I wanted to represent Australia. That was all I wanted to do. The NBA, and even playing professionally in Australia seemed so far at the time,” Ingles explained.”Watching Australia at the Olympics and the World Cups was what I watched, what we got to see in Australia. The first time putting on that jersey was special.”center_img With 11 years of international basketball in Australia, Spain, Israel and the USA behind him, he will be the calming presence in the locker room. And he will know what to say if his teammates need any kind of motivation, because even for a seen-it-all guy like Ingles, there is no greater feeling than playing for Australia.”Wearing the colors, the name…it’s just something that you can’t get anywhere else. I love playing the NBA, I loved playing in Europe, but putting on the colors and the name on the jersey, there’s just really nothing that compares to that.” https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/b5/c6/joe-ingles-fiba-australia_40czih6shufy1xasa8jzr6fa0.jpg?t=-2043042204&w=500&quality=80last_img read more

Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wellington Police Notes: Wednesday, July 2, 2014

first_imgWellington Police notes for Wednesday, July 2, 2014:•6:30 a.m. Officers investigated an Illegal Registration in the 700 block E. Lincoln, Wellington.•7:25 a.m. Timothy S. Klein, 41, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for Speeding 70 mph in a 55 mph zone.•8 a.m. Officers took a report of suspicious ctivity in the 500 block E. Lincoln, Wellington.•8:44 a.m. Officers investigated illegal registration and no insurance in the 500 block N. Washington, Wellington.•8:46 a.m. Philip J. Doty, 47, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for illegal registration and no insurance.•10:30 a.m. David O. Lozano, 36, Wellington was served a summons to appear for disorderly conduct.•11:10 a.m. Officers took a report of found cell phone in the area of 15th & A, Wellington. The phone was returned to owner.•12:50 p.m. Officers took a report of found cell phone in the 100 block N. Poplar, Wellington.•3:03 p.m. Timothy J. Rose, 51, Wellington was arrested, charged and confined with violation of a protection order.•On June 25, at 3:30 p.m. Officers investigated two counts of animal cruelty by known owners in the 200 block N. Haslet, Wellington.last_img read more