Month: July 2019

A Scottish Labour reshuffle has seen Anas Sarwar a

A Scottish Labour reshuffle has seen Anas Sarwar a

first_imgA Scottish Labour reshuffle has seen Anas Sarwar and Jackie Baillie sacked from Richard Leonard’s frontbench team.Sarwar, who lost to Leonard in the leadership contest held earlier this year, has been replaced by Monica Lennon as health and sport spokesperson, while Baillie – an ally of Sarwar – will no longer be the spokesperson for economy, fair work and jobs.Scottish Labour leader Leonard thanked Sarwar and Baillie for their work and said: “My new shadow cabinet is a blend of skills and experience whose aim is to turn around Scottish Labour’s electoral successes.”Sarwar revealed that he had found out about the change on Twitter. The former deputy leader of Scottish Labour noted he was “deeply disappointed” and commented: “It’s a shame that I came to know about this decision through Twitter, while I was leading for Labour in a health debate in the Holyrood chamber.“I am incredibly proud of the work I did on behalf of NHS patients and staff, particularly the creation of a workforce commission, the campaign to end the pay cap, and the fight to protect local services from SNP cuts.“For the sake of all the people who need a Labour government, I wish Richard Leonard and his Shadow Cabinet all the very best for the future.“I will continue to serve my constituents tirelessly from the backbenches, campaigning for issues close to my heart including the battle against racism, prejudice and hatred.”I’m deeply disappointed to no longer be Scottish Labour’s Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Health. My full statement below: pic.twitter.com/GAomhFHkfC— Anas Sarwar (@AnasSarwar) October 4, 2018Sarwar and Baillie are both considered to be on the Corbynsceptic wing of the party, whereas Leonard is a Corbynite.Tags:Anas Sarwar /Scottish Labour /Jackie Baillie /Richard leonard /last_img read more

THIS GAME HAS BEEN CALLED OFF DUE TO A WATERLOGGED

THIS GAME HAS BEEN CALLED OFF DUE TO A WATERLOGGED

first_imgTHIS GAME HAS BEEN CALLED OFF DUE TO A WATERLOGGED PITCH.SAINTS are set to send a strong looking line-up for their friendly at Swinton on Sunday.Reserves Head Coach Ian Talbot could call upon available players from the first team squad including the likes of Alex Walmsley and Tommy Makinson.Top age 19 players are also named in his squad alongside two new reserve signings Tom Connick and Dave Llewellyn and two trialists (Tommy Hughes and Mikus Ozols).Ian’s squad will be chosen from:Aaron Smith, Alex Walmsley, Calvin Wellington, Dave Llewellyn, Greg Richards, Jack Ashworth, Jake Spedding, Joe Greenwood, Jonah Cunningham, Levi Nzoungou, Luke Thompson, Mark Percival, Matthew Costello, Matty Dawson, Matty Lees, Mikus Ozols, Morgan Knowles, Olly Davies, Regan Grace, Ricky Bailey, Rob Fairclough, Ross McCauley, Tom Connick, Tommy Hughes, Tommy Makinson.Talbot said: “It’s the first run out for our new ‘reserve’ team and is what’s needed to give the maximum playing opportunities to all players at the club.“Sunday’s team will feature a mix of experienced first team players looking to add some extra vital match fitness going into the season, some young full time players who are hoping to impress, some new additions and trialists, and some young academy lads who will want to make the most of the opportunity.“I’m sure it will be a good game with Swinton as they prepare for their new season in the championship.”The game will kick off at 3pm at Sedgley Park on Sunday.Price of entry is £12 adults, £6 concessions and juniors free.last_img read more

Because of the uncertainty around this weekends f

Because of the uncertainty around this weekends f

first_imgBecause of the uncertainty around this weekend’s fixture, we took the decision not to print the programme.So it is available to download free in this link:Saints v Salford (20 MB)It is sponsored by Warrington Audi.last_img