Category: xehbxptj

2014 Batesville Area Deanery Tourney Pairings

2014 Batesville Area Deanery Tourney Pairings

first_imgThe 2014 Batesville Area Deanery Tournament pairings have been released.The 1st Round Games will be taking place at St. Louis Church-Batesville and Holy Family Church-Oldenburg.The Batesville Bracket Games will start on Sunday (1-19) at 1 PM with St. Martin’s/St. Paul’s battling St. Maurice followed by St. Louis-2 vs. St. Michael’s-2.The Oldenburg Bracket Games will also start Sunday (1-19) at 1 with St. Mary’s taking on St. John’s-1 followed by Holy Family-2 squaring off against St. John’s-2.St. Louis-1 and St. Michael’s-1 received byes for the St. Louis Bracket while Holy Family-1 and St. Joseph’s/St. Peter’s got the byes for the Oldenburg Bracket.2014 Batesville CYO Deanery Tourney Bracketslast_img

Family displaced from house fire

Family displaced from house fire

first_imgGUILFORD, Ind. — A Guilford family was displaced from their home after a house fire late last week.Firefighters from the Miller-York, Manchester, Bright, Greendale, and St. Leon Fire Departments responded to battle the blaze on Villa Road around 7:30 PM on Thursday.According to fire officials, the homeowners were in the house when the fire started but were able to make it out safely.Firefighters remained on scene for around 5.5 hours.Nobody was injured, but the house was a total loss.The cause of the fire remains under investigation.last_img

Peace defends Irvine appointment

Peace defends Irvine appointment

first_img Peace said: “We went through a lengthy interview process. “We had about 40-odd people, shortlisted to about seven, went down to a shorter shortlist and the more you see of people, the more you get to know them, the more you get more impressed or the less you’re impressed. “Alan came through that process very strongly and ended up as our first choice. “You might say that it was a difficult one given the reaction but we’ve tried to make the right decision from the club’s point of view. “We have a coaching ethic here. We feel that he fits the bill for us. “We ended up with two very good candidates (Irvine and Sherwood) and when you look at them side-by-side the whole board went with Alan. It was unanimous.” Albion’s announcement last Saturday that Irvine would be coming in as Pepe Mel’s successor on a 12-month rolling deal has drawn a negative response from some Baggies fans, and talk has emerged of an organised protest against the appointment being planned. Irvine, who has not held a senior management position since early 2011 and never one in the Premier League before, called on West Brom supporters to give him a chance at his official unveiling on Wednesday. Press Association And Peace, quoted by the Birmingham Mail on Thursday, said: “People have their say but we have to make the right decision for the football club and not be swayed by what other people think. “If you ask a lot of people who they’d have in the job they’d be split anyway. “You can’t always make the easy decisions. You have to make the right decisions. “As a board we made a unanimous decision that we think is right for this football club. We now have to try and get players in and get people behind us. “We think we can give ourselves a good chance of having a good season. Alan speaks well, his philosophies are good and we are confident people will buy into that. We have made the right decision for the club – we really do believe that.” Tim Sherwood, who guided Tottenham to sixth in the Premier League last term before being sacked, had appeared to be West Brom’s first choice to take over as their head coach and has claimed he was offered the job but turned it down. There has been an emphasis from Albion, meanwhile, on the coaching credentials of Irvine, the academy chief at Everton prior to this job and also Toffees number two between 2002 and 2007 before stints as boss at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday. And Peace insists the Baggies board regarded Irvine the best option after assessing the 55-year-old Scot and Sherwood “side-by-side”. West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace is confident the “unanimous” decision of the board to hire Alan Irvine as the club’s new head coach was the right one.last_img read more

Clinton Njie injury blow leaves Tottenham short of forward options

Clinton Njie injury blow leaves Tottenham short of forward options

first_img “I don’t know but we will expect maybe two months or two and a half,” Pochettino said. “You never know because every day it’s about how the knee responds but maybe two months or a little bit more.” The setback leaves Tottenham even shorter of forward options with Harry Kane currently the club’s only out-and-out first-team striker. Pochettino insists Njie, Son Heung-min and Nacer Chadli can play up front but all three are more comfortable in an attacking midfield role and Spurs are now likely to step up their search for another striker in January. Tottenham moved into the top four for the first time this season after beating Southampton last weekend and a win at home to Norwich on Saturday could see them climb to third. Pochettino believes his young side do not always get the credit their performances deserve and the Argentinian refused to rule out a potential title challenge. “People don’t realise the effort we make and how hard our players work because we are the youngest squad in the Premier League,” Pochettino said. “Sometimes they deserve more praise for the position they have. Maybe the team deserve more praise than we have so far.” Press Association Njie has undergone surgery after sustaining the injury in Spurs’ Europa League victory over Monaco two weeks ago. The Cameroon forward initially struggled with a hamstring problem when he arrived from Lyon in the summer and the 22-year-old is now expected to be on the sidelines until March. Mauricio Pochettino expects Tottenham striker Clinton Njie to be out for two to three months with a knee injury. Pochettino added: “Can we win the title? In football, all is possible. “The last 10 games are very important and it’s how you arrive there to attack different objectives or achieve important things. It’s important how we arrive in the last 10 games.” Danny Rose is available again after missing the win over Southampton through illness while Ryan Mason is also back in contention. The midfielder returned to training this week, having recovered from an ankle injury, but Alex Pritchard (ankle) is still out. last_img read more

Hales happy to be back with CPL champions Barbados Tridents

Hales happy to be back with CPL champions Barbados Tridents

first_imgALEX Hales will be back at the Caribbean Premier League in 2020 having won the title with the Barbados Tridents in 2019. The tournament will take place from 18 August to 10 September and it will be amongst the first cricket competitions to return.The English opener is very excited to be back at the CPL but is conscious that he wants to improve on the performances he put in during last season.“I am really happy. Obviously last year, personally I didn’t perform anywhere near the level I wanted to and I know I am capable of, so for them to put their faith in me again is really, really pleasing. When you win a title like that, I guess you want to keep as many of the guys together,” he said.“We had such a good environment there, led incredibly well by Jason Holder and Phi Simmons. The combination of those two was so chilled out which is exactly what you need in T20 cricket. I am really looking forward to it; CPL is a great competition and held in high regard around the world in terms of standard. To get another crack, another bite of the cherry, is a great opportunity.”Hales was really impressed with the CPL in his first season at the tournament and says he would like to be involved for as long as he can be. He says the talent and passion on show are fantastic to be around.“Some of the Caribbean players are some of the most talented cricketers I have been around anywhere in the world. Also, the love of the game, the team Barbados had was something I had never quite experienced,” he said.“The highs of winning games, and then we lost a couple of games and everyone was devastated. The love and passion that everyone has there is second-to-none. Personally, if I can improve on what I did last year it is a tournament I would love to be involved with for the rest of my career.”The Tridents have retained the core of their squad from the 2019 season and Hales says that finding that right balance between experience and youth was one of the pillars of the team’s success last year.“From what I have found playing for different franchises, you need the right blend of experience and youth, and the more I have played the more I think experience plays a part in winning trophies. The young guns will win you games here and there along the way, which are important, but I think you really do need a mixture of experience when it comes to the pressure games,” he said.“That is something we spoke about a lot in the Barbados team, it is keeping that cool head. I think experience when it comes to the pressure moments and the big games in tournaments really helps you win those games at the right time.”(Sportsmax)last_img read more

USC falls to Oregon in overtime

USC falls to Oregon in overtime

first_imgThe USC women’s soccer team has started off conference play with five overtime games in a row, and it seems as though the extra time is starting to take its toll.Instant offense · Junior midfielder Jordan Marada, a transfer from Saint Mary’s College, has made an immediate impact for USC. Starting in all 13 games, Marada leads the Women of Troy with five assists. – Joseph Chen | Daily TrojanThe Women of Troy (4-6-3, 0-4-1) tied Oregon State 1-1 on Friday before losing to Oregon in double-overtime on Sunday 1-0, running the squad’s winless streak to four matches.Junior midfielder Elizabeth Eddy, last season’s leading scorer, and junior midfielder Haley Boysen both suffered concussions during Friday’s match at Oregon State and missed Sunday’s game against Oregon. The team also lost sophomore defender Alex Quincey to a leg injury last weekend.“We were missing some key players today,” USC coach Ali Khosroshahin said following Sunday’s loss. “When you’re missing three players that normally start, you have to make some adjustments … I thought they played pretty well considering the circumstances.”Freshman forward Whitney Pitalo, sophomore defender Hannah Moehling and sophomore midfielder Elizabeth Caparis all saw more time on the field than usual on Sunday to offset the personnel losses.Sophomore goalkeeper Caroline Stanley gave credit to the girls that received more playing time.“We’ve been installing different formations and counting on different players to perform different roles,” Stanley said. “The girls that stepped up off the bench did an excellent job.”The Ducks (6-6-2, 1-3-1) earned their first conference win by pressuring USC’s back line from the start, outshooting the Women of Troy 9-4 in the first half.USC’s defense, buoyed by Stanley’s nine saves, held strong through regulation. But the Women of Troy struggled to create chances of their own: The team managed only three shots on goal the entire game, and didn’t take any corner kicks.In overtime, a shot from Oregon’s Kira Wagoner hit off the crossbar and bounced to her teammate Kristen Parr, who knocked in the golden goal in the 96th minute to claim victory for the Ducks.“[Parr] got an early Christmas present with that rebound,” Stanley said. “It was unlucky for us, but we have to eliminate those shots.”The loss made for a sour end to a weekend that started off with a hard-fought tie against Oregon State (9-4-1, 1-3-1).USC came out of the locker room on the offensive, outshooting the Beavers 13-6 and generating six corner kicks in the first half.The Women of Troy finally drew first blood in the 71st minute, when freshman forward Jamie Fink cut to her right on the left side of the pitch just outside of the box and tucked in an unassisted goal that bounced off the right post.But less than three minutes later, the Women of Troy gave their lead away on an own goal from freshman defender Marlee Carrillo.“We didn’t do a good job of marking the opposing player that ran in the box to get a cross,” Khosroshahin said. “So on the cross, Marlee tried to swipe it away and it just didn’t work out.”The score would stay even through the last 17 minutes of regulation and two 10-minute overtime periods.Despite the disappointing results of their second consecutive weekend road trip, Stanley found some positives for the team to build on.“This weekend, our defense was the most organized it’s been all season,” Stanley said. “I feel like everybody supported each other this weekend … [But] obviously it’s a little disheartening going to overtime so many times and not getting the results you want.”USC plays its last road game of the season Friday at Washington State at 1 p.m. before ending the regular season with five straight home games.last_img read more

Aduana Stars have not sold any player to any club: Gyawu

Aduana Stars have not sold any player to any club: Gyawu

first_imgFormer Glo Ghana Premier League champions, Aduana Stars are issuing a stern warning to clubs interested in any of their players to come forward and deal with the club instead of claiming acquisition of players in the media.Following prolonged media reports that some top clubs in the country have signed on certain key players of the 2010 Ghana champions including goalie Stephen Adams, enterprising defender, Godfred Saka, Emmanuel Akuaku, Daniel Darkwa amongst others, the club has come out to categorically state that all Aduana players are still with the club.They are also urging clubs interested in any Aduana player to officially notify the club for the right thing to be done.“We’ve not given any player to any team. We have not released any of our players so if any team want any of our players, they should write to us. They shouldn’t go and be harassing our players, it’s not right. They are warned,” Aduana’s Director of Operations, George Gyawu said.last_img read more

Yankees No. 1 prospect Estevan Florial has wrist fracture

Yankees No. 1 prospect Estevan Florial has wrist fracture

first_img MLB hot stove: Yankees still interested in adding starter, report says Related News Unfortunately this could delay Florial’s development as the 21-year-old was set to debut in Double-A this season which is seen by many as the true test of a prospect. Most players that hit well at that level and are able to succeed in MLB.Florial will now likely have to wait a bit before trying his hand there.New York has already dealt with injuries this year at the MLB level as Luis Severino is out until at least May with a rotator cuff issue and CC Sabathia isn’t supposed to be ready to make a start until the middle of April. It is unclear how long this will keep him out but the team announced he will undergo further testing Monday.Yankees announce it’s a non-displaced right wrist fracture for Estevan Florial. He will undergo further tests on Monday.— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) March 16, 2019Fortunately for the Yankees they don’t appear to need much help in the outfield this season as they have Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Hicks, Brett Gardner and Clint Frazier on their 40-man roster.center_img The Yankees have suffered another tough injury.Estevan Florial, the team’s No. 1 overall prospect, suffered a non-displaced right wrist fracture when running into the wall during the Yankees’ game on Saturday. Luis Severino injury update: Yankees ace (shoulder) out until at least Maylast_img read more

250 youth empowered to fight HIV through tennis sport

250 youth empowered to fight HIV through tennis sport

first_imgOrganisers pose for photos with semi finalists and winners of the youth tennis tournament.Kampala, Uganda  | THE INDEPENDENT |  250 Ugandan youths have completed a program designed to empower youth through the sport of tennis while also providing HIV/AIDS education.  Dubbed the Arthur Ashe Tennis Program, the initiative was implemented by the U.S. Mission in partnership with the Tartan Burners Athletic Club, the Uganda Tennis Association (UTA), and the Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV&AIDS (UNYPA).  The Program provides HIV/AIDS education and awareness, in honour of fallen African American tennis player, Arthur Ashe, the first and only African American male to win the U.S Open and Wimbledon singles titles. Ashe was the world number 1 tennis player in 1968.  Ashe learned in 1988 that he had contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion and became an HIV/AIDS activist. He started the Ashe Arthur Foundation for the Defeat of AIDS. In 1993, Ashe died of AIDS-related pneumonia.  The US Embassy holds the youth tennis program annually to honour his legacy of “fighting for racial equality and HIV awareness.  The program sponsored tennis clinics and HIV/AIDS education in Hoima, Gulu, Arua, Jinja and Fort Portal, where Tennis instructors teach tennis skills to the youth aged 13-18, and Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV&AIDS holds sessions on HIV/AIDS education.  This climaxed with a Grand Finale at the Lugogo Tennis Court in Kampala, where the US mission organized a youth tournament final and exhibition doubles match between Uganda and USA players on Saturday afternoon.  Christopher Krafft, the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Kampala explains that the Mission launched the Arthur Ashe Tennis Program to coincide with the US celebration of Black History Month, a period to commemorate the contribution of various African Americans in various disciplines.  Krafft says that HIV is still a significant health problem and that everyone must take personal responsibility to reduce the spread of the disease. It is estimated that 1.4 million Ugandans are living with HIV.  Some of the youths who attended the grand finale of the program told Uganda Radio Network-URN that the program was empowering and that they are prepared to lead campaigns for an AIDS-free generation. Jovas Natukunda and Karen Namatovu lauded the US Mission for sponsoring the program while Reagan Odongkara, who is a student of Gulu High School says that he will encourage his peers to abstain or use condoms in order to avoid HIV infections.    During the event, Moses Nsubuga alias Supercharger shared his journey, loving with HIV and leading a positive, inspirational life since 1994.  Meanwhile, one Shakira, a young girl born with HIV asked youths to take charge of their lives by living responsibly. She says that much as they encourage infected persons to take their medication among other tips, it is best not to contract the virus. Phil Dimon, the Spokesperson of the US Mission says that he hopes that the program will be held annually and also spread beyond five districts in the near future. He however says that the continuity of the program will depend on the availability of funds.  The US Mission allocated 92 million Shillings for the inaugural Arthur Ashe Tennis program which catered for the tennis clinics and activities for the grand finale. *******URNShare on: WhatsApplast_img read more